A recent article by Cutting Edge PR offering tips to organizations seeking event sponsors, advises, “You should always ask the sponsor representatives to think of the ways the sponsorship can be used to extend their current marketing and public relations activities.”
This advice begs the question– Are you getting the most out of your sponsorships?
Implementing a strategic marketing plan can help squeeze every last drop of opportunity out of a sponsorship. In addition to the obvious goal of increasing brand awareness, strategic event sponsorships can offer other benefits such as networking, media opportunities, speaking engagements, client partnerships, and enhancing internal camaraderie.
Here are five best practices to get the most out of your law firm’s event sponsorships:
1) Choose events that champion a cause and/or support strategic office, practice, or client goals
2) Support events for organizations in which your firm’s lawyers and clients are active and serve on boards
3) Consider the extent to which an event will provide exposure within the community, not just the organization
4) Mobilize support through internal/external/client communications
5) Negotiate sponsorship benefits strategically–filling table space should be more than an afterthought