Fortune magazine released its list of “100 Fastest-Growing Companies” this week. What an unexpectedly great resource for legal marketers! Looking over the list, a few thoughts came to my mind:
- Which of these companies does my firm already represent? Of those companies, are there any clues in the article about areas of opportunity for relationship expansion?
- Does anyone at my firm have contacts at these companies? If so, would reaching out to those contacts to congratulate them be an effective way of reconnecting and demonstrating that we’re aware of what’s new at the company?
- What industries are hot right now? How does my firm serve those industries? Is my firm prepared to serve those types of clients?
- Are there emerging industries or business trends that my attorneys/firm should be aware of?
- Do any of my attorneys have experience that we should promote?
What opportunities do YOU see in the Fortune list?