Work isn’t always easy. Whether you’re new to the “real world”, working as a middle manager, or counting the months until retirement, sometimes it’s easy to focus on the negative aspects of a job. But focusing on the negatives too long can create a cancer that spreads throughout an entire team.
Entrepreneur and QVC co-host Jen Groover offers tips in her article, “Seven Habits to Incorporate Today to Be More Successful Tomorrow,” which can be used to build your own success or boost team morale.
1. Be more mindful. Groover writes, “Paying attention to how your every thought causes actions and reactions, you can effectively evaluate which behaviors are serving you well and which are damaging and holding you back from the results your truly desire.”
2. Forgive more. Enough said.
3. Have complaint-free days. What is perhaps her most practical tip comes from her mother’s mantra, “Don’t ‘complain about something unless you are going to do something about it.’” This is a great strategy to develop a solution-driven mindset.
4. Be gracious. Nothing is more unattractive to your colleagues than someone with a sense of entitlement.
5. Inspire and empower others. Strong teamwork and high morale comes from co-workers’ willingness to help one another grow.
6. Constantly be compassionate. Alleviate stress around you by showing compassion to others.
7. Smile more. Simple? Yes. But if the majority of communication stems from non-verbal communication, a smile can go a long way to make a good impression.